Monday, February 14, 2011

No One Ever Said Writing Would be Easy

I have spent two years writing the first three books in The Warrior Series.  When I embarked upon this journey, it never occurred to me that I would have to be a writer, a researcher, an editor, a salesman, a web designer, an advertiser, a marketing director, a book cover artist, and an agent in order for my book to be successful. 

I certainly am not complaining.  I'm confident that every single thing I have done to get to this phase will be used in every thing I do for the rest of my life.  I am just not sure I would have ever begun this process if I had known all I would have to do to become a published author.  In some ways, it's a bit like being a parent.  There is no way to know beforehand how much work it will be, but the reward in the end is worth every second of hard work and sleep deprivation. 

After going through all of this, I have an all-new respect for anyone who has ever written, represented, or sold a book.  I am in jaw-dropping awe of anyone who has done it with even the smallest amount of success.

For me, I am confident that I have done all I can.  Soon, it will be up to the readers to decide if my best is good enough.  I hope and pray that at least a majority of those who read the books love the series and its characters as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment