Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thanks to My Beta-Reading Friends and Family

There are very few things harder than turning my book over to someone and letting them read it for the first time.  Without love, trust, and respect between me and my beta-reading friends, it would have been impossible for me to ask them to read it and give me a candid review.  Honestly, I am not sure I will ever be able to thank all the people who took time out from their busy lives to read for me while I edited and re-edited.  Their time, effort, patience, and input have been important in helping me to improve the story and its characters.  I hope I have always been as gracious receiving feedback as the beta-readers have been when giving it.

Knowing how hard it is to trust my friends and family, I can barely imagine how anxious I'll be when I release Warriors of the Cross to anyone and everyone (love and friendship absent).  I suspect the anxiety will be similar to the type I suffer right before I speak to large crowds about subjects I know in and out...up and down.  No amount of preparation or passion alleviates the excruciating symptoms.  Even though I know what it will do to me, I’m excited about the book’s natural progression, and I refuse to let fear keep me from moving forward. 

I’ve said before, getting this book published has forced me to do things that I never thought I would ever be able to do.  It has made me overcome obstacles, which have shaped who I am now while pushing me toward the person I want to become.  In the end, this next step will solidify my goal of being a role model for my children.  I want to show them dreams can come true when you do everything possible to make them happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment