Friday, April 15, 2011

Where There's A Will There's An Audio Book


I'm so busy that reading an entire book for no reason other than relaxation and peace seems like a foreign concept.  With an ITunes audio book and a 2-3 hour daily commute, I successfully made it through City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (one of my favorite authors) despite my hectic schedule.  After finishing it, I can say that I would recommend it to anyone.

Interestingly (or not), I like speeding up the rate books get read in order to finish the story quicker.  Since this was my first audio book with a man reader (at least part of it was), and he had an accent, it took some time for me settle into a steady rhythm and embrace the beautifully told story. 

As with the first three books of the series, I love every demon-fighting character.  I enjoy the vivid way Cassandra Clare portrays that which is evil, vile, and contempt.  She has a wonderful ability to bond you with her characters in such a way you have a vested interest in their outcome.  I'm not going to give anything away, but...the ending is enough to drive you insane!! 

Now, take some time for yourself and read - or listen - to City of Fallen Angels.  You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment