Friday, May 20, 2011

♥♥♥This Is Just One Of My Favorite Things♥♥♥

Everyone knows my favorite band is Kings of Leon.  They have a hardcore edginess embedded with all kinds of religious connotations.  The combination is always perfectly balanced and absolutely refreshing. 
 
Having grown up with a Pentecostal grandmother, I find these three sons of a Pentecostal preacher - along with their cousin - to be familiar and authentic.  The first time I heard them, I went on ITunes and bought every album they'd ever done.  To date, I have not been disappointed in even one of their songs. 

Their lyrics are about sex, drugs, life, and God.  No subject is left untouched.  They've worked hard and made it big.  After watching several documentaries on them and their accomplishments, it is obvious they deserve all the great things coming their way.

Enjoy one of my favorite songs, Use Somebody, while I get back to editing Guardians of the Cross:

No comments:

Post a Comment