Friday, June 3, 2011

It Really is Better To Give Than To Receive

I've spent the week contacting and being contacted by hundreds of people who have flagged themselves on Goodreads as interested in reading Warriors of the Cross.  In response, I gifted each of them a coupon to download a free copy of the e-book.  When I started this endeavor, I had no idea how rewarding it would be to give complete strangers an unsolicited and unexpected present.

My efforts were met with vacillating responses ranging from sincere gratitude to hesitant skepticism.  Regardless of the reaction, I'm convinced more than ever that 'giving really is better than receiving'.  That simple act yielded an innumerable number of new friends, followers, fans, and thanks on Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, and this blog-site.  I am eternally grateful for each and every one.

Keeping the good karma going, I've been diligent when it comes to adding the blog-sites of my new friends/followers/fans to this page.  For some phantom technical reason, there are sites I could not add.  I decided to give up trying and come back later to investigate the issues associated with the nemesis 'void error'.

As I said last week, there are so many generous people helping me to spread the word about Warriors of the Cross that I can't possibly mention every one.  Instead, I am dedicating my actions and successes this week (#2 on Smashword's Best Seller's List) to the people who labeled themselves as T. R. Graves's Fans on Goodreads: Kim, Shanna, Joanne, Lady, Shannon, Rebecca, Annmarie, Francis, Mariela, Shay, Marjie, Jayde, Andrea, Jessica, Rachel, Sarah E., Beth, Sabrina, Lali, Ronda, Crystal, Melissa, Tee, and Emily.  I especially want to thank Lali (my toughest critic and biggest fan), Jayde (a fellow author constantly willing to share trade secrets with me), and Emily (a new friend who read the book within hours of purchase) for their 5 Star (*****) reviews.


I’m excited to see what the next week holds.  Stay tuned!

1 comment: