Friday, July 15, 2011

Welcome To Our YA Indie Carnival!


Welcome to just one of twelve Friday posts about all things YA Indie* for authors, readers and reviewers. I have joined forces with a group of YA Indies who will be posting on the same theme each Friday. Binge on all the cotton candy and popcorn you want and get set for a thrilling ride! At today's carnival, we want to know who you are (feel free to leave comments on any or all sites) while we share a little bit about ourselves.

I, per my many online profiles, am the debut author of The Warrior Series, a mother, a wife, and an RN for a non-profit hospital (no necessarily in that order).  I probably should be a writer of medical thrillers.  Instead, I write paranormal romance.  I began Warriors of the Cross after deciding I needed a place - even if only fiction - where the miracle to save the dying was possible.  The nurse in me couldn’t imagine a more perfect power to possess.  As strange as it sounds, my inspiration for the series came from the grief of others.  I’ll never forget what it’s like to look into the eyes of parents and have to tell them our best was not good enough.  In The Warrior Series, Allison La Crosse has the mystical ability to rescue patients with her touch, saving family members from incomprehensible sorrow.  Without a moment’s hesitation, I can say The Warrior Series is the world where I wished I lived.

NEXT, take a ride with:

Dani Snell - Book Blogger
Pattie Larsen - Author
Courtney Cole - Author
Wren Emerson - Author 
Nicole Williams - Author 
Fisher Amelie - Author 
M. Leighton - Author 
Laura Elliott - Author
Tiffany King - Author
Cyndi Tefft - Author
T. R. Graves - Author (end up back here with me)

*Dani Snell did such a great job of explaining Indie in her 7/13/11 post that I thought I would re-post it here:

Indie authors are those who have chosen to publish their written works independently of a traditional publisher or agent. The authors own their own works, set their own prices, and are responsible for all the management or out-sourcing on the back end such as promotions, networking, web and cover design, editing, formatting and listing their books, tracking their sales, etc. It’s really a revolutionary idea that’s taken off in recent years, especially with the advent of the e-book. Being an author isn’t such an unreachable goal nowadays, because with the right combo of the above, you can make your dreams of being published a reality.

3 comments:

  1. Tina, Thanks for sharing. It's great to know you better! I agree, what a world that must be. I look forward to reading about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you took a need to save others and turned it into the impetus for writing novels. Being able to control on paper what we can't control in real life is what it's all about.

    Looking forward to getting to know you better throughout the carnival!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. T.R... I have so much respect for people in the medical field, especially those who deal with death on a daily basis... I've been through it as a family member--I can't imagine doing it for a living.

    Paranormal romance is just the thing... :)

    ReplyDelete