Friday, October 21, 2011

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick


Silence, a great third book in a series with a long, long future.  If you are a fan of Hush, Hush and Crescendo (and let's just face it...Patch), the only disappointment you will experience is the fact that the book ends.  I know this because I just finished Silence and am already anticipating the next in the series, Untitled (Hush, Hush #4).  Unfortunately, it will not be released until fall of 2012. 

With Silence, Nora Grey embraces her destiny and quickly becomes someone worthy of the Fallen Angel Patch.  The journey to this point has been long and arduous.  It's been filled with sobering deaths and anxiety-producing near deaths...unending love and venomous hate...pretenses of indifference mixed with heated passion.  Somehow, that same excitement is embedded into every page of Silence, making it one of the best of the series (so far).

In my humble opinion, the stronger Becca Fitzpatrick makes Nora Grey, the more lovable she becomes.  The more empowered Nora is, the more I want Nora and Patch to end up as the soul mates they have claimed to be since Hush, Hush.  The more grown-up Nora acts, the more realistic the entire story, and its unique characters begin to feel.  Without any doubt at all, I can say this series has matured in a very good way, and the characters are more endearing than ever.

Most of all, I'm thankful for the ending.  I wouldn't dream of giving anything away, but for the briefest moment, I thought Nora, sweet Nora, was going to....   Sorry.  You will just have to read Silence for yourself to find out my concerns.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment