Friday, January 13, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Books Worth Giving Thanks For

 
Welcome back to the first YA Indie Carnival post of 2012.  Today, the blogger/authors sponsoring this collaboration are sharing books they are thankful for.  I could easily let this post get out of control.  There are millions of great books to read, hundreds of authors who have impassioned me, and just as many new authors to discover.  In fact, if I don't concentrate on one book at a time, I become completely overwhelmed with my to-be-read list.

As an author, I'd be lying if I said my books were not the first ones on my Thankful List.  It never occurred to me that I could write a book when I was a young child.  In my mind, becoming an author was an unattainable goal.  At no point did it occur to me that one day I would be one of 'those' people who wrote exciting and addicting stories. 

With all that said, I'm thankful for Warriors of the Cross because it gave me and my readers the opportunity to get to know Allison La Crosse and her entourage.  I'm thankful for Guardians of the Cross because it allowed me to continue Allison's journey toward learning who she is and what God's preordained plan for her is.  I'm also grateful for Guardians of the Cross because it gave me the chance to introduce two books from my next series, Worth Living For, Underwater Series #1 & Worth Dying For, Underwater Series #2.  Finally, I'm in the middle of writing Enemies of the Cross.  I'm thankful for the fresh direction of this series...the chance to introduce greater characters, new villains who are so evil they put the others to shame, and a magical setting that will be unlike anything anyone has ever created.

Now, I'm going to include other books which have inspired me with their words, their characters, and their storyline (first in the series when applicable).  I should mention that none of these are indie books for two very simple reasons:  1) I'd never heard of indie books until I became an indie author - an opportunity I will forever be grateful for - and 2) I have to do a lot of my 'reading' through audio books which generally lends itself to traditional publishers.





Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.





The Night Circus by



Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger.Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.













1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you! As much as I am so grateful for the books that captivated and shaped me as a child and a young adult, it's the books I've written, the worlds I've created that mean the most now. :)

    ReplyDelete