Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris










Now, that I've formally lodged my complaint, I will say the Sookie Stackhouse book is filled with all the familiar characters/dialogue I've come to love.  Sookie still gets bogged down in the monotony of life (work, grocery store, Sonic, Dairy Queen,...).  Usually, I don't mind these boring detours because there are some exciting moments to balance them out.  That cannot be said for Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)

One final observation.  It unfortunately symbolizes the tone of the entire book.  The vampire birthday party for Sookie was handled in a very odd manner.  By this, I mean that Eric, Bill, and Pam were out in Sookie's yard.  Instead of allowing them to have a witty conversation among themselves where we see that the vampires closest to Sookie love her, Mrs.

No matter what, I'm committed to this series and will continue to read them until the last one is written.  I just hope the next one brings back all the things we love about the series, its storyline, and its author.




1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to say that this book brings us back to the core of the series. The most important detail is that this book is a mystery, which is where I think Charlaine's writing is the strongest. The writing is fabulous! I really love that Charlaine maintained her humor and her ability to remind the reader of events and details from previous books.

    The mystery of this book was Excellent! I was on the edge of my seat trying to crack the case and was blindsided by the culprit. Sookie is herself in this book, and while she made some dumb decisions she is true to her character.

    After finishing Book 11, I had two theories about how this book would go and there was a time where I thought one of my predications was right and I felt the story was a little predictable. However, I was tricked and I cannot believe the twist that came at the end!

    ReplyDelete