Friday, September 14, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Where We Write

The YA Indie Carnival sponsors share fantasy worlds with our readers constantly.  Today, we are sharing a piece of our real lives. We are  giving you a little insight into the people we are by revealing the spots where we work when we are creating new characters, dreaming up new worlds, and breaking our reader's hearts.

I'm going to start off by reminding everyone about how much I loved my mother-in-law, Lita. After she died and it came time to sell her house, neither my husband nor I could bear the thought of turning over to a stranger the house she'd worked so hard to remodel and decorate.  As such, we bought it for ourselves.  We still have many of her books, pictures, and trinkets on our bookshelves because it reminds us of the wonderful woman who loved her family, adored a great story, and worshiped God enough to collect religious items from Jerusalem and bibles from her parents, grandparents, and great grandparents. Nothing will ever bring her back, but somehow these simple belongings make us feel like she is still close to us.

In addition to the bookshelves filled with wonderful memories of Lita, my desk (the first one my husband and I bought after we were married twenty-five years ago) is surrounded by pictures of my children,  pottery made by my daughter, and awards received by my son. The computer shown was a gift from my supportive husband. As evidenced here, I almost never sit down to write without a Diet Dr. Pepper/Mountain Dew near (lots of caffeine is a must given my eighteen-hour days). While I don't always have a stethoscope and pulse oximeter near, my son has been struggling with his asthma this week. As a result, I've been forced to embraced my training and reprise my role as a nurse.

Now, join me in taking a few minutes to visit my fellow sponsor's sites:

1. Laura A. H. Elliott 2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self 4. T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5. Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga 6. Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
7. K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed 8. Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
9. Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga 10. Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
11. Ella James 12. Maureen Murrish
13. Valerie Sloan 14. YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings
15. A Little Bit of R&R 16. Melissa Pearl

2 comments:

  1. I love your writing space, TR. It's so personal to you and I think that's wonderful. I'd like a space like this as opposed to my dining table!
    When we move to another country (hopefully it won't be too long now!), I'm hoping to have a lovely little office space just like yours!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so kind, Suzy. What I found interesting about your space was your ball-chair. I've always wondered if they would work the wonders claimed. After reading about your back problems, I'm tempted! :)

    ReplyDelete