Monday, July 22, 2013

Release Announcement: Left (Still Standing #1)


Left (Still Standing #1) by T.R. Graves to be released 9/1/13 with book cover reveal 8/15/13.


Genre: New Adult Romance - 18+ and older due to language, sexual situations, and violence

Summary: Your own two feet are all you have when you've been left.

A naive Baylee loves Colt, her boyfriend of four years, more than she ever thought possible. After a little snooping, she's convinced she's well on her way toward hearing an once-in-a-lifetime proposal and starring in the wedding-of-the-year event. Instead, she's blind-sighted by a very public break-up and the crushing news that Colt is marrying someone else... someone more befitting him and the role his father expects him to take in his law firm.

Baylee may have spent years resenting Ariana, her mother, and her suicide, an intolerable show of weakness in Baylee's opinion, but after Colt leaves her just short of the altar, Baylee sees the world through her mother's eyes. She sympathizes with Ariana's actions and realizes that some things—soul deep aches—can irreparably damage you and make moving on nearly impossible.


At least, that's how she feels until she meets Ryker. With his help, Baylee discovers there is life after Colt, and she prepares to move on by pulling herself up by the bootstraps, holding her head high, and standing on her own two feet. Unfortunately, a new jealous and hateful Colt has his own plans for her, and they are plans no one—especially not Baylee—ever saw coming.

Special Message: $0.50 from every regular priced ($3.99) book will be donated to Houston Area Women's Center (Ending Domestic and Sexual Violence) for three months post-release. This is an organization with a mission that has become near and dear to my heart after the last two books I've written (the research associated with them too painful and disturbing).

Announcement: I'm excited to reveal that I've written the first book, Left, in a new series, Still StandingLeft is not a book I'd planned to write. It's a story that found me and would not let me go until it was done. In fact, I was nearly finished writing Underground (Secrets #2) (84k words) when I had a dream... one that haunted me for the entire day afterward. I tried to stay focused on Underground (Secrets #2), but Left's (Baylee's) story couldn't be silenced. I decided to take an hour and write the first chapter, see if the story was as good as it seemed in my head, send it off to my beta-reader, and let him decide if the story lived or died. His words: "Stop everything you are doing and write this book. It must be told." Because my gut was telling me the same thing, I followed his advice. 

I wrote morning, noon, and night. I was so consumed with this story that it woke me in the middle of the night and insisted that I get back to work writing. I've never written anything that went as quick and easy as this book. In four weeks, the book was conceived and written (while working at my full-time job during the day). You read that correctly. This 87,500-word book was written in four weeks. Two weeks later, I've read, re-read, smoothed out some rough patches, and sent it off to the editor (GATHERING LEAVES - Cassie McCown). I'm not sure how long it will take for her to finish the editing, but she and I have agreed on a release date of 9/1/13.


Like every book I've ever written, there are amazing characters. There are also exciting twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. Since no story is complete without them, there are tragedies and injustices that break your heart and make you want to kill characters off yourself. Left is a complicated book that can't be described with just one word. There are times when the characters are warm and emotional right before they become hot and passionate. The story vacillates between heart racing and deeply disturbing.

Characters (as I envision them): 


Baylee Messenger is woman who loves as deeply as she hurts and who is as loyal as she is naive.











Colt Henderson is the man Baylee has given the last four years of her life to only to find that he's not nearly the man she's made him out to be in her heart.







Ryker Russell is enough of a knight in shining armour to step in when he sees a woman in need and stay with her until she finds her way back from despair.









Final Author's Note: I want to take a few minutes to assure the fans of the Warrior Series that I'm working hard to have Dark Angels of the Cross (Warrior #4) released by Christmas (fingers crossed that all goes well). If you haven't already added it to your To-Read list on Goodreads, you may want to do that. Here's the link: Dark Angels of the Cross (Warrior #4)

(P.S. When you get there, ignore the 1-Star rating. Some asshat - see urban DICTIONARY definition - rated the book with a 1-star even though I've not even finished writing it. Argh!)

Then, I'd like to assure the fans of the Secrets Series that I fully intend to release Underground (Secrets #2) sometime around the first of October (again... fingers crossed that all goes well). If you haven't already added it to your To-Read list on Goodreads and you enjoyed Grave Bound (Secrets #1), you may want to do that. Here's the link: Underground (Secrets #2)

STAY TUNED FOR EXCERPTS AND GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment