Order Links for Cheating Time (Longevity, #1):
Barnes & Noble
Carles "Carlie" Enoche's world is one that can barely be imagined. In it, babies have micropharmeceutical devices inserted in their hearts within hours of birth. The MicroPharm implant holds code that secretly counts down until the date of that baby's death (as determined by its genetic analysis) and contains drugs that are released in such a way that chemicals and hormones are in perfect balance at all times, making illness almost unheard of.
Theoretically, the known but unexposed date of the babies' deaths and the maintenance drugs geared toward giving the baby a long life have benign consequences. It is the unknown and unbelievable and unexpected way President John Barone gathers data about every child and the way he releases contraceptives from the device in order to control the population and terminate pregnancies when embryos are identified as weak or mutated that makes the device and its technology as dangerous as any malignancy.
For President Barone, seventeen-year-old Carlie isn’t just a MicroPharm first generation; she is the great-granddaughter of the man who discovered the ability to determine life expectancy down to the day and the daughter of the woman who invented the MicroPharm chip. Carlie and her family are important to President Barone's political career and the plans he has of creating a nation of strong, healthy, and superior people, who give more to their country than they take.
Jayden St. Romaine, one of the Facet's most loyal Surrogate Soldiers, is ordered by President Barone himself to find the Enoche family and kidnap Carlie. Through blackmail, he plans to leverage control over the Enoche's scientific research and the ability to develop even more tools that can be used to genetically engineer a superior race.
When President Barone sends Jayden on his mission, he never expected his perfect soldier to develop a conscience… betray his trust… fall in love with Carlie, but he's dispatched a backup Surrogate Soldier just in case. With the ticking of the clock and the second Surrogate chasing them, Jayden's chances at redemption and Carlie's chances of living a life where she is free to make choices about her life and her body are in jeopardy.
Blog Tour activities:
- A Book Addict's Bookshelves - December 1st - interview
- Donnie Darko Girl - December 1st - review
- Book Groupies - December 2nd - guest post
- Words I Write Crazy - December 2nd - review
- Sizzling Book Blog - December 2nd - guest post
- Reading Addict - December 3rd - guest post
- Deal Sharing Aunt - December 3rd - spotlight
- Word to dreams - December 3rd - review and excerpts
- Mom With A Kindle - December 3rd - guest post
- vivacious hobo - December 4th - guest post
- Suzy Turner, YA Author - December 4th - interview
- JeanzBookReadNReview - December 4th - interview
- Dalene's Book Review - December 5th - review