Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Breaks and Nature Walks



Just in case anyone assumes I live a life full of constant and consistent drama (or why else would I force my books' characters to live through it... right?), I can assure you that my home life is anything but dramatic. I work hard at maintaining a zenlike balance because I have a day job in healthcare where the only constants and consistents are change and need. It makes for hectic days, and when coupled with the commute from hell (trust me... Houston's rush hour traffic is nightmarish enough to warrant it's own horror flick ), I go out of my way to make sure my time away from my healthcare job is not spent hustling, bustling, and/or jockeying for anything anywhere.


As such, it stands to reason that when the rest of the world is heading - by the thousands - toward crowded beaches for their wild and crazy spring breaks, I head in the direction of a beach that is exactly the opposite. As boring as it sounds, I want - need peace... calm... tranquility, and I need it like a man dying of thirst needs a drink of water.

Because this particular spring break was so wonderfully relaxing, I thought I'd share some of the photos I took while going on nature walks, strolling the quiet beach near my writer's retreat, and/or staring out at the bird sanctuary from my balcony. Let me be the first to warn you that there is nothing scandalous, risque, or salacious. You will only witness evidence of the brief moments in time when I found the peace, the calm, and the tranquility I'd been in desperate search of.

Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment